What has happened so far?
An overview of the NHS/NPSA Patient Safety Wristband Initiative
- On 3 July 2007, the National Patient Safety Administration (NPSA) issued new advice to all National Health Service (NHS) organisations on standardizing patient wristbands for hospitalized patients, including a set of stringent wristband requirements
- On 14 July 2008, the NHS approved LaserBand to provide a broad range of printable or handwritten wristband products for immediate use in all NHS hospitals
- ONLY LASERBAND OFFERS LASER AND THERMAL WRISTBANDS THAT MEET ALL ALL NHS/NPSA GUIDELINES
Key NHS Dates
How can your hospital meet these wristband requirements and deadlines?
- 18 July 2008: All NHS hospitals need to implement patient wristbands that meet NPSA standards.
- 31 March 2009: Close of NHS fiscal year. Order wristbands in time to utilise 2008 budget.
- 18 July 2009: All NHS hospitals must print patient data directly on the wristbands using information generated
- Choose the implementation method that best suits your hospital's needs. Only LaserBand offers all implementation options: Laser printed, direct thermal printed and handwritten.
- Order wristbands. Click here to order LaserBand products.
- Laser Printed
- Thermal Printed
- NPSA Compliant: Only LaserBand offers laser and thermal wristbands that meet the guidelines established by the NPSA on 3 July 2007.
- Future-proof: LaserBand wristbands support NHS standards now and into the future. LaserBand wristbands are approved for handwriting or printing, both laser and thermal. LaserBand wristbands are also RFID compatible, making the transition to RF scanning easier whenever the hospital upgrades to RFID technology.
- Self-Laminating: Only LaserBand offers the patented, self-laminating, direct print wristband. Self-laminating wristbands protect patient data from fluids, flaking, scratches, fading, smudging or other physical damage for the entire duration of the patient stay. By ensuring always-legible patient data, NHS hospitals can always provide the right care to the right patient at the right time, without the need to reprint or replace a wristband.
- About LaserBand: LaserBand LLC is the leading global provider of patient identification wristbands and wristband technology that healthcare organisations use to improve patient safety. LaserBand offers the only cross-platform product line that works with hospitals' existing patient ID technology at any level--from handwriting or embossing to bar-coding, thermal imaging and laser printing. LaserBand is also the inventor of the self-laminating patient wristband and holds patents on this and several other patient identification technologies.